Since the new update on instagram, highlights is one trend that made waves when people discovered it’s importance but then things improve and covers came a lot of people think it’s just for show but highlights are important as it’s a way to tell people who come across your page for the first time things to expect, general overview of what your are about visually. It’s also a way to save old stories not just for you but so other people can see it as reference to old stories even after 24hrs.
So today I’m going sharing free apps you can you use to brand your I.G bio and how to use them both for business and personal page for small businesses that can’t afford professional branding yet this should be helpful.
- your phone or related device
- Mobile data or Wi-Fi
- A pen
- A book or paper
- The CANVA app HERE
- Pinterest app HERE
First you need to take note of what your brand is about, get them written out according to the kind of message you want pass across to strangers.
Pick your colour scheme either from your logo for businesses or a favourite colour that best describes you. For example on naijathriftslayer I used red and a shade of yellow because of the logo and on my personal page I used black and white because it’s a favourite colour.
Download pinterest for beautiful background
Get a png image from Google by typing what you want and png. Example: ‘hanger png’ and use the image option on Google to pick the colour of your choice or get editable icons HERE
The CANVA app is an app every creative and business owner should have or you can use CANVA.com. I’m suggesting CANVA because it’s free and easy to understand when you play around with it.
STEPS TO CREATING A HIGHLIGHT COVER
- launch the CANVA app
- Pick the ‘your story’ template
- Choose a simple design and edit or pick a blank background
- Import a background of your choice either from a picture you took or gotten graphics from pinterest using the + option to add image
- At the right button corner of your phone you will see something like this + pick the graphics option
- Add a circular graphics design of your choice and edit colour considering the type and background colour of png image you downloaded
- Resize the circle and png image to your desired size and place at the middle of your story.
- of your story.
8. For those that would prefer to use words you can export the DESIGNED story to any app that can add text of your choice, type, pick font, and text colour then save.
- P.S: if at any point an imported image or graphics hides under the background use this … option at the top of current graphics you are editing to get the option that can make them visible.